- Canadian top athletes in the Olympics in Rio 2016
- Most Handsome Football Players
- Cristiano Ronaldo Net Worth This Year
- The Benefits of Playing Tennis
- Sean Abbott wins Bradman Award 2015
- Eric Cantona Biography
- Hansie Cronje Death Conspiracy
- Cricket Stadiums in Pakistan
- Michael Jordan Secrets
- Best Cricket Movies
Everything about Cricket Ball
- Updated: January 3, 2015
Everything you want to know about cricket ball which is the most important part of the game.
The Cricket ball which is used in International,National and First class matches consist of some basic things. They are consist of a cork,leather. In One days and Twenty20 Internationals these balls are in white color and in International Test matches these balls are in red color. The balls are manufactured according to the rules of ICC like the seam of the ball should have six layer. The leather should have two coatings and so on.
COMPANIES PRODUCING CRICKET BALLS:
Dukes and Kookaburra are the main manufactures of cricket balls. Apart of from these two companies Slazenger is also producing cricket balls for quite sometimes.
SPECIFICATION FOR MEN CRICKET:
- Weight of the ball should be 155.9 g and the circumference should be 22.9cms.
- For women cricket the weight of the ball should be 151grams.
- For adults the size should be 144 gram.
CRICKET BALL PRICES:
The balls used in International matches are a bit costly and there range starts from $70 to $120. But there are alot of other local companies which are producing some great balls and withe less price. It is difficult to compete with the likes of Dukes and Kookaburra because of there Monopoly but there are companies that are getting some inroads in this business. Notable are the balls from Pakistani city Sialkot. They are cheap and effective too.